By Major General Smedley Butler
Chapter 2: Who Makes The Profits?
Chapter 3: Who Pays The Bills?
Chapter 4: How To Smash This Racket!
Smedley Darlington Butler
- Born: West Chester, Pa., July 30, 1881 Educated: Haverford School
- Married: Ethel C. Peters, of Philadelphia, June 30, 1905 Awarded two congressional medals of honor:
- capture of Vera Cruz, Mexico, 1914
- capture of Ft. Riviere, Haiti, 1917 Distinguished service medal, 1919
- Major General – United States Marine Corps Retired Oct. 1, 1931
- On leave of absence to act as director of Dept. of Safety, Philadelphia, 1932 Lecturer — 1930’s
- Republican Candidate for Senate, 1932
- Died at Naval Hospital, Philadelphia, June 21, 1940
- For more information about Major General Butler, contact the United States Marine Corps.